Uticor, formerly Struthers Dunn Systems division, has been in the forefront of PLC, welding controls, message displays and operator interface technology since 1968.
Uticor, in fact, was one of the early inventors of PLCs back in 1968. It held numerous patents on PLCs, then called Process Control Computers.
In the 1970’s, Uticor applied it’s PLC technology to welding controls and became one of the top suppliers of this technology to the Automotive industry. In fact, Uticor provided university research grants in collaboration with Ford in this area.
In the 1980’s, Uticor became known as the premier supplier of Message Displays and Marquees in North America. It’s large LED marquees became an Automotive standard. Uticor always had a very conservative design philosophy and it showed in its products and thus earned worldwide recognition as “Built Like a Tank” or “Uticor Tough”.
AVG’s Autotech division was the inventor of the first microprocessor based Programmable Limit Switch. In fact Autotech was the first company to coin the phrase “PLS” for replacing electro-mechanical cam-banks. Autotech has always lived by its tradition of being the most innovative company in the field of Automation controls.
Innovation by Design
First PLC plug in Resolver module that plugs into AB, Modicon, GE and Siemens PLCs
First PLS with a built-in
First micro-processor based modular PLS with an incredible scan-time of 57 microseconds for 20,000 setpoints
First integrated digital resolver, DigiSolver,
Standard of the tire industry
Due to the patented DMA techniques utilized in its PLSs to achieve 1° accuracy at even 3000 RPM, Autotech’s M1250, 1450 series PLSs remain the exclusive standard for two piece can lines throughout the world.